Job Title: Freelance Program Manager / Support
About HandsOn Hong Kong
HandsOn Hong Kong (HOHK) is a registered charity whose mission is to empower everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer. We envision a community where everyone serves to meet social needs. Founded in 2007, the organization develops service programs to help local, under-served non- profit organizations and connects them with the volunteer manpower they need to achieve their mission. Each month, HOHK runs up to 200 volunteer activities as a free public service, supporting our 100+ NGO partners who focus on causes such as alleviating poverty, educating children, assisting the elderly, empowering people with disabilities, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, supporting animal welfare, environmental conservation and more. We regularly help companies achieve CSR and community engagement objectives by developing volunteer programs for employees. www.handsonhongkong.org.
Freelance Program Manager / Support
Reports to: Associate Director of Program, Assistant Program Manager (by projects)
Place of work: Program work throughout Hong Kong
Period of work: November to mid-December 2020
HOHK seeks Program Freelancers to help manage and support our volunteering programs for corporate groups. Our program team plans and organizes service activities that support the local community. Programs range from up-cycling workshops to rescue items from landfills to education programs for students with special needs to food preparation at community kitchens to beach and trail clean-ups and more. Through these service programs, we empower people in Hong Kong to volunteer.
For more experienced program managers, responsibilities will include managing a smaller-scale program or a portion of a larger program, providing on-site briefings and debriefings to volunteers and ensuring the service activity runs smoothly. We also have program support roles available for those with less experience or comfort leading or managing on their own.
Specifically, HOHK will be launching several large-scale volunteering programs engaging corporate volunteers in November 2020, so our program team is looking for Program Freelancers to help with leading in-person volunteering sessions, keeping track of program records, performing quality check of work by volunteers, etc.
Key roles and responsibilities:
• Attend pre-program meetings (phone, virtual or in-person) organized by HOHK
• Prepare or review contents and materials for volunteer programs as instructed
• Provide support to volunteer programs on the day (arranging coaches, leading volunteers to the venue, liaising with NGO persons-in-charge, setting up programs, recording attendance and impact, taking photos, etc.)
• Conduct on-site briefings and debriefings for volunteers before and after the programs
• Collect feedback from participants about the programs and share with HOHK for testimonial and continuous improvements
• Report to HOHK on the delivery of programs and potential follow-up actions
All Program Freelancers need to be passionate about community involvement and fully committed to HOHK’s mission of service. Enthusiasm and a “can-do spirit” are essential.
- Be responsible and dependable
- Be on top of the work assigned and report timely
- Be organized and able to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Be confident to interact with people and lead programs
- Have a good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese
If you have an interest in working with us, please submit your cover letter and CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually.