Why work with us?
HandsOn Hong Kong provides under-served nonprofit and NGO partners with capacity-building support through volunteer services. Our team of experienced social workers develops volunteer-based programs that help further the mission of our partners. We promote the activities, recruit and manage the volunteers and liaise with our partners to ensure the program's success in meeting the needs of the beneficiaries. We do all of this at no cost to our NGO partners.
Yau On Elderly Center
"I am thankful and delighted to be able to work with HandsOn Hong Kong because their assistance lets (our elderly) feel that the community still cares about and for them"
Bethune House Migrant Women's Refuge
"HandsOn Hong Kong lightens our load so we can focus on other aspects of our work. Thank you!"
How to work with us
HandsOn Hong Kong currently serves more than 70 NGOs in Hong Kong. We regularly review and accept new NGO partners, based on capacity.
Please note the following criteria and requirements for NGOs working with HandsOn Hong Kong:
- Must be registered as charitable institution under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance
- Primary focus of work is serving local needs in Hong Kong (not overseas interests)
- Activities for volunteers need to be service focused (not money collection)
- Report to HOHK on impact of of volunteer programs, including number of beneficiaries and volunteers
- Provide event photos for record and external communication, if applicable
- Respond to HOHK annual evaluation survey (via form)
- Maintain open communication with HOHK staff
Please note that priority approval may be given to NGO programs based on specific needs potential for volunteers ablity to add value. Only opportunities from registered NGOs will be uploaded on the calendar. HandsOn Hong Kong maintains full discretion when approving and uploading volunteer opportunities. We invite you to register your interest to work with us to develop volunteer-based programs firstname.lastname@example.org.