Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Pre-recorded virtual storytelling for hearing-impaired children (English)
This program is made possible with support from the HKEX Foundation Each volunteer joining this support-program must have attended our May 30th storytelling training with Bring Me A Book Hong Kong (BMABHK). HandsOn Hong Kong partnered with BMABHK and the Hong Kong Society for the Deaf, to launch a virtual storytelling program for children with hearing impairments. This program is designed to instil a love of reading in the students and support their specific needs. Trained HandsOn volunteers are now needed to pre-record a series of story telling videos for children with hearing impairments who have been unable to join our interactive storytelling support program through Zoom. These virtual stories will help to inspire a love of books, provide entertainment and increase the children’s sense of connectedness with the larger Hong Kong community. Volunteer roles:
- Each volunteer will be recording in 5-8 minute story using a scanned book provided
- A personal message from the volunteer should be included at the start of each story
- Volunteer should reference the tips and best practices shared in the BMABHK storytelling training they attended
- Zoom will be used for recording these clips—a guide for recording and saving video files will be provided
- HandsOn will review and feedback on clips (as needed) before uploading to Playright’s private Youtube channel for hospitals
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: