Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
COVID-19 Relief: Distributing Care Packages for refugees and asylum seekers
The program is made possible through a generous donation from the Macquarie Group Foundation. Description: There are almost 13,000 asylum seekers in Hong Kong who are unable to work and earn a decent income to fulfill their basic needs. They were struggling to make ends meet even before this pandemic. Now, with many of them living in fear and having their livelihoods impacted, they are in more dire need than ever. Part of the burden on Hong Kong’s refugees and asylum seekers (and the organisations acting as their lifeline), can be eased through the delivery of relief Care Packages brought directly to their doorsteps by caring volunteers. Each pack will last a household for one week. Volunteer roles:
- Volunteers will receive a short briefing and protective gear (masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers) upon arriving at the community centre.
- Volunteers will help to sort and assemble Care Package items including essential food and hygiene items and other necessities.
- Volunteers will then support centre staff by taking vans to other areas (e.g. To Kwa Wan, Yau Tsim Mong, Hung Hom) and deliver care packages to the recipients' households. After leaving the package on the individual’s doorstep, the volunteer will knock on the door to inform them before leaving.
- Please be aware of the service involves heavy lifting.
Centre staff and volunteers will adopt HandsOn Hong Kong COVID-19 safety precautions in-line with Centre for Health Protection guidelines. If you have any questions regarding this service, please directly email to email@example.com
- 所有義工將幫忙將遞送物資分裝入袋，和中心職員一起分發這些物資到貨車上，並隨車將物資直接送達給在土瓜灣，油麻地及红磡地區的家庭。在機構中心直接分發這些物資給到場領取的家庭。遞送過程中， 請義工敲門告知受惠者，物資已放置門口再離去。
義工安全： 中心及義工遵守COVID-19預防措施指引。 如有任何查詢，請直接電郵至 firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: