Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Virtual storytelling Support for hearing-impaired children (English)
Each volunteer joining this support-program must have attended our May 30th training session and be available to participate for three consecutive weeks, by leading one storytelling session every Saturday from June 6th to 20th. In order to join this program volunteers must sign-up for all of the three-week slots below. A Zoom link will for each session will be shared by HandsOn one day before. Confirmed participants will be invited to attend a 30-minute session providing Zoom tips for this program on Thursday June 4th at 6pm. Volunteer roles: Two volunteers will be paired up and host a storytelling session for three to four children with hearing-imparied once per week. They will provide social connection and empower these children with confidence in English, as they begin to return to school in the next month.
- Each volunteer will operate in a pair—storyteller and facilitator
- Each pair supports 3-4 children
- Children will be encouraged to speak English (each pair will have a Cantonese speaker to provide support)
- Volunteers have access to 25 scanned books for their usage
- Some pre-coordination between volunteer pairs will be needed
All volunteers who attend this activity must be registered with HandsOn Hong Kong.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: