Serve-A-Thon: Create an 'Inspiration Jar' for a SEN child
Description: Children with special educational needs have been severely impacted by social distancing and school closures during the crisis, with the lack of in-person support greatly impacting their ability to communicate and stay connected. Volunteers can provide emotional support and care for these children and their families by preparing an Inspiration Jar filled with short words of encouragement and positivity. We ask volunteers to also include a stationery kit allowing children to make their own crafts and channel their creativity. Volunteer Roles:
- We will ask each volunteer or family to make one inspiration jar. Each jar consists of short notes of blessings, encouragement, and positivity. Bear in mind these will be received by a group of pre-school children.
- Please click here to see an instruction video for guidance.
- Feel free to be creative and have some fun with this! Get as colourful as you like to help make the recipient's day. This is a fun weekend activity for families.
- Each stationery kit is suggested to include regular pencils for drawing, colour pencils, an eraser, ruler and sharpener.
- We will email volunteers to provide the instruction video, guideline, delivery address, and date by which we need your jar and stationery kit delivered to HandsOn Hong Kong Office. HandsOn will collect the jars and deliver to the Hong Kong Society for the Deaf. If you have any enquiries, please contact HOHK@handsonhongkong.org.
All volunteers who attend this activity must be registered with HandsOn Hong Kong. If you wish to have a friend or family member join you on this activity, they must first register with Hands On and sign up for the activity.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 5+, Minimum Age:5+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: