Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Serve-a-thon: Organize a drive to raise emergency items for vulnerable families
Description: Frontline charities are seeing a significant increase in the number of people needing food assistance and hygiene items which they expect to last well beyond this year. To date we have directed tens of thousands of masks, hand sanitizers and alcohol wipes as well as bulk deliveries of rice and canned food. But many needs remain. Families and individuals can support COVID-19 relief efforts, by rallying their community to raise emergency items for a charity serving children with special needs.
This non-profit has a specific list of items and quantities they need, listed below. By signing up to support one of these you commit to raising all their required items and delivering them directly to the charity—with the help of friends, neighbours or colleagues!
For each signed-up volunteer/family, please collect the below items.
- 100 boxes of masks
- 100 bottles of hand sanitizers
- Before signing up to raise the items needed below give consideration to whether you can rally your community to help you raise the items needed—we’ve seen many families, individuals and families do this successfully! Volunteers typically use their homes for storage until all items have been gathered
- You will need to delivery your items directly to the frontline charity by a certain date and we will put you in touch with them directly—you will have 3-4 weeks to collect all your items.
- After signing up and committing to raise these items our team will send you an email re-confirming your list of items and quantities and providing the contact details and suggested date of delivery for your frontline charity by Sept 10.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: