Age Minimum (with Adult): 15+, Minimum Age:15+
COVID-19 Relief: Home deliveries for isolating elderly in Tin Shui Wai
The program is made possible by Drs Richard Charles & Esther Yewpick Lee Charitable FoundationDescription: With most of Hong Kong’s elderly self-isolating, afraid and unable to leave their homes, help from the city’s volunteers is desperately needed to support their immediate needs and well-being. Assistance from volunteers also reduces the burden on stretched and under-resourced elderly centres acting as a virtual lifeline for the people they support. Volunteer roles:
- Volunteers will collect grocery items and other necessities from a local elderly centre and deliver them directly to the doorsteps of self-isolating elderly in the district.
- Volunteers will receive a short briefing and protective gear (masks, gloves, and hand sanitizers) upon arriving at the centre.
- Two volunteers will form a team to pack and deliver care packages to five households. After leaving the package on the elderly individual’s doorstep, the volunteer will knock on the door to inform them before leaving.
Centre staff and volunteers will adopt HandsOn Hong Kong COVID-19 safety precautions in-line with Centre for Health Protection guidelines. If you have any questions regarding this service, please directly email to email@example.com
- 兩人一組送達至五位長者。遞送過程中， 請義工敲門告知長者，物資已放置門口再離去。義工安全： 中心及義工遵守COVID-19預防措施指引。 如有任何查詢，請直接電郵至 firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: