Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17
Youth Empowered Opportunity: Help refugee children with their homework via Zoom
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
Description: Refugees are a marginalized group in Hong Kong as they are unable to work and gain a decent income to serve the basic needs for them and their families. For most of the refugee children, after-school activities and tutoring that develop abilities and build self-confidence and social skills are an inaccessible luxury. During the COVID-crisis a number of children have fallen behind with their studies. Our student leaders are calling for young people with the passion and skills to provide a virtual tutoring session on Saturdays for refugee children who are 6 - 12 years old. These Zoom sessions will support them with their Chinese, English, Maths or General Studies homework, depending on the priority for that week.
· Volunteers will be working in a pair to provide homework support to a child through Zoom.
· Each volunteer pair will be added to a WhatsApp chat group 1-2 days before that Saturday’s session.
· 2:1 homework support will be provided through Zoom with each group being allocated to their own break-out room, managed by our 'Youth Empowered' volunteer leaders.
· We encourage volunteers to sign up for more than two weeks to provide continuous support to these children.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: