Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17, Skills: Cantonese ???
Youth Empowered: Film a video greeting for an elderly living in care-home
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
Description: Throughout the crisis, HandsOn volunteers have played an important role in providing emotional support and social connection to Hong Kong's isolated elderly—whose well-being has been at great risk throughout the crisis. Our student leaders are on a mission to promote social connection and emotional well-being for the elderly and would like to invite volunteers and families to film a caring video message that can be shown to the resident of an elderly care home. These videos deliver greetings and encouragement and will be given as a gift to elderly. In a one-to-four minute video, volunteers are invited to introduce themselves and share words of season's greetings, warmth and positivity, letting the recipient know that the community cares about them. Volunteer Roles:
- We will ask each volunteer to film a 1 to 4 minute video with a short self- introduction, greetings/blessings for the elderly and ending by sharing their blessings and good wishes. Volunteers are welcome to include a short story, poem, song or performance!
- Video format: mp4, m4v, mov, avi, wmv
- Please see an example and guidelines here: https://youtu.be/_GzqEJzDRKc
- By January 15th, 2020, HandOn team will send a link for participating volunteers to upload your videos. You will need to upload your videos to our drive by January 20th, 2020.
- The greeting videos will be sent to Pilot Scheme on Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Multi-disciplinary Outreaching Support Teams for the Elderly(Kowloon East)
All volunteers who attend this activity must be registered with HandsOn Hong Kong. If you wish to have a friend or family member join you on this activity, they must first register with Hands On and sign up for the activity.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: