Youth Empowered: Film a video greeting for an elderly living in care-home
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
Description: Throughout the crisis, HandsOn volunteers have played an important role in providing emotional support and social connection to Hong Kong's isolated elderly—whose well-being has been at great risk throughout the crisis. Our student leaders are on a mission to promote social connection and emotional well-being for the elderly and would like to invite volunteers and families to film a caring video message that can be shown to the resident of an elderly care home. These videos deliver greetings and encouragement and will be given as a gift to elderly. In a one-to-four minute video, volunteers are invited to introduce themselves and share words of season's greetings, warmth and positivity, letting the recipient know that the community cares about them. Volunteer Roles:
- We will ask each volunteer to film a 1 to 4 minute video with a short self- introduction, greetings/blessings for the elderly and ending by sharing their blessings and good wishes. Volunteers are welcome to include a short story, poem, song or performance!
- Video format: mp4, m4v, mov, avi, wmv
- Please see an example and guidelines here: https://youtu.be/_GzqEJzDRKc
- By January 15th, 2020, HandOn team will send a link for participating volunteers to upload your videos. You will need to upload your videos to our drive by January 20th, 2020.
- The greeting videos will be sent to Pilot Scheme on Hong Kong Sheng Kung Hui Welfare Council Multi-disciplinary Outreaching Support Teams for the Elderly(Kowloon East)
All volunteers who attend this activity must be registered with HandsOn Hong Kong. If you wish to have a friend or family member join you on this activity, they must first register with Hands On and sign up for the activity.
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17, Skills: Cantonese
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: