HANDSON HONG KONG
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (PART-TIME)
In times of crisis—and times of calm—Hong Kong’s charities are a lifeline for the city’s most vulnerable. Even before the global pandemic, 1.5 million Hongkongers lived below the poverty line. As a local charity, HandsOn Hong Kong mobilizes thousands of volunteers each year to support the city’s non-profits and the tens of thousands of people they serve. Each month, we run up to 200 volunteer activities on our calendar as a free service—as part of our mission to empower everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer.
We also collaborate with 100+ NGO+ partners by recruiting, managing volunteers, creating programs, and providing consultancy. The HandsOn Hong Kong team is looking for a dynamic and experienced Program Coordinator (part-time) to support the development and execution of signature HandsOn volunteering programs that connect non-profits with volunteer manpower and resources to help achieve their missions.
If you have experience in program management and events, and would thrive organizing various types of programs for a purpose-driven organization, then we want to hear from you! As part of HandsOn’s small but mighty team, your creativity, flexibility and can-do attitude are highly valued. In return, you will be working with a dedicated team that embraces a culture of supportiveness.
Title: Program Coordinator (part-time)
Reports to: Senior Program Manager, Senior Program Officer
Job purpose: HandsOn’s Program Coordinator is responsible for supporting the recruitment, management, and recognition of volunteers and volunteer leaders and assisting with the management of–and relationship building with– our non-profit partners. This individual will also independently manage some small-scale projects and support the Senior Program Officer and Senior Program Manager with the implementation of signature HandsOn programs.
Type of role: Part-time
Schedule of work: Selected Weekdays and Saturdays
Place of work: HandsOn Hong Kong office, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon Remotely / from home when necessary Program work throughout Hong Kong
- Support the operation of the HOHK monthly calendar of programs. Attend pre-program meetings (phone, virtual or in-person) organized by HOHK
- Provide logistical support for programs, including but not limited to:
- In-person programs: arranging transportation, gathering volunteers, liaising with NGO staff, venue set-up, taking attendance, recording impact and taking photos/videos.
-Virtual programs: conducting tech rehearsals, operating online platforms (e.g. Zoom, Google Meet, etc.), liaising with NGO staff, taking attendance, recording impacts and taking screenshots.
- Conduct on-site briefings and debriefings to volunteers before and after programs, and ensure the activity runs smoothly.
- Collect program feedback from participants and share it with HOHK for testimonial usage and review.
- Report to HOHK on the delivery of programs and potential follow-up actions.
- Help maintain relationships with HandsOn NGO partners to best understand and support their needs through HandsOn programs.
- Support HandsOn team to launch trainings for volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- A successful track record in program execution
- At least 1-2 years of relevant professional work experience
- Be confident in interacting with people and leading programs
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A multi-tasker who can manage different projects at one time
- An effective team player with good collaboration skills
- Passion for community involvement and a strong personal drive; Commitment to HOHK’s mission of service
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Cantonese
Cover letter and CV may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include current and expected salary. References to be provided upon request. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted individually.