Program 2023 Internship Opportunity (allowance provided)
Organization Name: HandsOn Hong Kong
Internship Contact Person: Bonnie Ho
Contact Information: email@example.com
Office tel: +852 2481 8092
As a registered charity with the mission to empower everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer, HandsOn Hong Kong develops service programs in partnership with local non-profit organizations and connects them with the volunteer manpower they need to achieve their mission. Each month, HandsOn runs 200+ volunteer activities as a free public service, supporting more than 100 frontline non-profits who focus on causes such as providing food assistance, caring for the elderly, building the confidence of children with disabilities, showing kindness to people experiencing homelessness, supporting animal welfare, advocating for the reduction of single-use plastic, and more.
Every day of the year, our team provides vital behind-the-scenes assistance and trusted advisory to these charities, serving as an extension of their teams and enabling them to outsource their volunteer management to us at no cost.
HandsOn creates meaningful volunteer programs that encourage volunteers of different ages to support the community. When developing HandsOn signature programs, we apply our knowledge of our charity network’s needs—and those of their service users—to remove obstacles for families, youth, senior and vulnerable groups to provide support and connection.
We provide full management where our team will conceptualize, plan and execute programs, align with our nonprofit partners, and maintain timely communication with funders. HandsOn Hong Kong (HOHK) seeks a program Intern to support the work of this team.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in implementing signature HandsOn programs.
- Drive logistical and administrative arrangements for these programs, including preparing materials, maintaining communications with program participants, and delivering program packs;
- Support the facilitation of programs on-site alongside our team if needed;
- Suggest ideas for mini activities along the program implementation;
- Maintain the network of NGO, facilitators, and program participants
All members of the HandsOn team need to be passionate about community involvement and fully committed to our mission. They must be organized, dependable and able to manage and prioritize a variety of tasks with minimal supervision. Enthusiasm and a “can-do spirit” are essential for this internship. Specific skills required include:
- Be able to work independently;
- Be proficient in computer applications (including Microsoft Office and English and Chinese word processing);
- Have a good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese.
Preferred Schedule: 2- 3 days per week for at least six months, starting in August
May work remotely / from home with occasional in-office work