About HandsOn Hong Kong
HOHK is a Hong Kong registered non-profit organization supporting the needs of Hong Kong’s NGOs and those they serve by engaging everyday citizens, schools, and companies to give their time and talent to address our community’s social needs. We make volunteering easily accessible to all who want to give back to their community in a meaningful way. Founded in 2007, HOHK organizes over 200 volunteer activities each month, working with nearly 100 non-profit partners across the community to serve those in need. In 2018 alone, HOHK organized more than 2,200 volunteer activities, impacting more than 82,000 beneficiaries, including disadvantaged children and youth, the elderly, ethnic minorities, the homeless, refuge seekers, people with disabilities, animals, and many more. For more information, visit our website at www.handsonhongkong.org.
Reports to: Associate Director of Programs
Direct reports: Program Coordinator (on projects), Freelance Project Managers as needed and Intern positions as needed
Job purpose: The Program Manager oversees the development and execution of meaningful community engagement programs that meet the needs of our NGO partners, support corporate CSR and employee engagement goals and may fulfill requirements for specific program grants.
Place of work: HandsOn Hong Kong office, Cheung, Sha Wan, Kowloon
Program work throughout Hong Kong
- Create and implement corporate employee volunteering programs that provide value to the community and an engaging experience for volunteers
- Build and maintain relationships with NGO partners to best understand their needs and match with options for corporate volunteering or grant-funded programs
- Work closely with corporate partners to ensure programs meet company CSR and employee engagement objectives
- Oversee management of corporate volunteer programs, ensuring high-quality output and on-time, in-budget delivery; engage external vendors or freelance help as required
- Provide regular communication and updates to corporate partners, including program proposals, activity run-downs, timelines and post-program reporting
- Lead corporate volunteer programs, providing on-site briefings and support to volunteer teams; attend volunteer activities on a regular basis
- Support the HOHK volunteer action platform and social media campaigns with updates and photos from corporate volunteering programs.
- Track and monitor HOHK’s output for annual and regular reporting. Record all corporate volunteer projects in the system.
- Mentor and Supervise Program Coordinator on projects; recruit and train freelance staff and interns as needed
- Assist and support HOHK programs, reporting and fundraising, such as Serve-a-thon, Hike for Hong Kong, Drink for Good and the annual report
- Build relationships with community stakeholders to advance the mission and development goals of the organization
- Proven track record in project management (with corporate or nonprofit)
- 5-7 years professional work experience
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Passion for community involvement and commitment to HOHK’s mission of service
- Written and spoken English and Cantonese
Cover letter and CV may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include current salary and expectation. References to be provided upon request.