Job tittle : Senior Development Executive
In times of crisis—and times of calm—Hong Kong’s charities are a lifeline for the city’s most vulnerable. Even before the global pandemic, 1.5 million Hongkongers were living below the poverty line. As a local charity, HandsOn Hong Kong mobilizes thousands of volunteers each year to support the city’s non-profits and the tens of thousands of people they serve. Each month, we run up to 200 volunteer activities on our calendar as a free service—as part of our mission to empower everyone in Hong Kong to volunteer.
We regularly help companies achieve their CSR and community engagement objectives by organizing meaningful volunteer programs for their employees. The HandsOn Hong Kong team is looking for a dynamic Development Executive to help drive these programs and manage relationships with a range of corporate and fundraising partners.
If you have strong communication skills, experience in stakeholder management, and would thrive being part of a purpose-driven organization, then we want to hear from you! As part of HandsOn’s small but mighty team, your passion, creativity, and can-do attitude are highly valued. In return, you will be working with a dedicated team that embraces a culture of supportiveness.
- Reporting to the Director of Development and Corporate Partnerships—and working closely with our program delivery team—to develop proposals that both address community needs and meet corporate partners’ community engagement goals
- Field corporate enquiries on a daily basis and maintain relations with corporate partners for the creation and sponsorship of volunteer-based community service programs for employees
- Manage ongoing relationships with corporate, community and individual stakeholders to support fundraising initiatives, sponsorships and grant opportunities
- Assist in planning and executing key fundraising activities throughout the year, including Serve-a-thon, Hike for Hong Kong, and ReThink HK
- Outreach to potential retail fundraising partners and securing other ad hoc opportunities to ensure fundraising targets are achieved
- Assist and support HandsOn programs and reporting and for annual Impact Report
- Participate in and support corporate community programs to support client relationship building as needed
- Monitor and oversee the administration of development activities and management of corporate database
- 3+ years of experience in a development/fundraising role, preferably related to CSR
- Experience of liaising with corporate stakeholders
- Good communication and presentation skills, and the ability to relate confidently and effectively to different people at all levels
- A good command of written and spoken English and Cantonese, with the ability to write clearly and concisely
- Creative thinking and use of initiative
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- An effective team player with good collaboration skills
- Passion for community involvement and a strong personal drive; Commitment to HandsOn’s mission of service
Cover letter and CV (with current and expected salary) should be sent to Bonnie@handsonhongkong.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.