• Work with the Board coordinator of Fundraising & Events to develop and implement fundraising campaigns.
• To review fundraising trends, both internally and externally.
• To develop and deliver strategies to promote regular donations via HELP’s new online giving platform
• To help manage and maintain the HELP Fundraising Pipeline.
• To facilitate the development of project proposals by staff to submit to potential donors/trusts and foundations and event sponsors.
• To work with the Board Co-ordinator to plan and execute fundraising events annually such as an annual fundraising dinner.
• To help develop and implement processes for thanking the sponsors, donors and funders in writing and acknowledge them at Board meetings, special events and on the website/social media.
• Work with the finance committee to develop internal procedures for handling donations
• Record all grant and donor-related information as part of an effective donor relations management strategy on the fundraising database
• Positively represent and promote HELP in all its dealings with external agencies
• Bachelor's degree and proven track record of fundraising experience (10 years plus)
• Expert networker with high level relationship management skills, including the ability to engage with senior-level stakeholders and corporate partners.
• Well-developed organisation and project management ability; to plan, prioritise tasks, meet multiple deadlines and budgets
• Strong writing, editing, presentation skills with very good attention to detail
• Self-starter, highly motivated and resourceful problem solver
• Experience using Salesforce, Word Press and Hubspot
• Excellent written and verbal English language skills are essential, Cantonese and or Mandarin language skills would be an advantage.
Length of service / commitment required
Amount of time required per month
As many hours as possible but can be flexible
Location of volunteer work
Mostly in the office preferred but can be flexible to
accommodate home-working too (for e.g. 50/50 split)
NGO office location
G/F, St John’s Cathedral, Garden Road, Central
NGO mission and description of organization’s work
HELP for Domestic Workers, provides free advice and assistance on employment, immigration and human rights issues to domestic workers in Hong Kong. Every domestic worker in Hong Kong, irrespective of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation or gender, should have access to justice and receive equal and fair treatment before the law.
Impact of skills-based volunteer support on NGO and mission
Having a volunteer on our team with specialist expertise in fundraising & events management will have a direct impact on our ability to raise funds, thus enabling us to continue our invaluable work in ensuring that foreign domestic workers have fair and equal treatment and access to the law. It will also enable us to continue our education programmes for foreign domestic workers, employers and future employers.
English is essential, Cantonese and/or Mandarin would be desirable
Key contact person for service
Start date for position
As soon as possible
End date for position
Remarks or special requirements
Possibility for future paid position
Yes – dependent upon fundraising
Interested candidates please submit your CV directly to the key contact named above. Any candidate screening, interview and selection process will be conducted by the NGO.