● Relevant experience of working in a communications, marketing or associated role.
● Strong writing and editing skills.
● Strong organisation and project management skills.
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to contribute to a culture of
collaboration and teamwork in a diverse environment
● Passion and dedication to the cause.
Description of work
● To support the HELP Board in the development and implementation of an integrated communications
strategy, including social media strategy.
● To develop HELP’s publications content including social media, annual reports, newsletters and other
● To update and manage online media platforms (e.g., website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn ) to ensure
content is posted regularly, accurately, and engages with target audiences
● To write and edit press releases
● To work with the Fundraising Manager to develop communications materials for events
● To be responsible for the management and maintenance of mailing and contact lists and to support
the implementation of a fundraising database.
Length of service / commitment required
Amount of time required per month
Location of volunteer work
NGO office location
Ground Floor, St John's Cathedral, 4-8 Garden Road, Central, Hong Kong
NGO mission and description of organization’s work
HELP for Domestic Workers provides invaluable free advice and assistance on employment, immigration
and human rights issues to domestic workers in Hong Kong.
Impact of skills-based volunteer support on NGO and mission
This communications professional works closely with the HELP Board and to support the development and implementation of communications strategies that ensure that HELP is visible to the community that it is our mission to serve and to enable us to raise public and donor awareness of ourwork and the issues affecting our clients.
Excellent written and verbal English language skills are essential, Cantonese and or Mandarin language skills would be an advantage.
Key contact person for service
Start date for position
End date for position
Remarks or special requirements
Possibility for future paid position
Interested candidates please submit your CV directly to the key contact named above. Any candidate screening, interview and selection process will be conducted by the NGO.