Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Mandarin
Pre-recorded virtual storytelling for hospitalized children (Mandarin)
Description: Each volunteer joining this support-program must have attended our May 30th storytelling training with Bring Me A Book Hong Kong (BMABHK). The non-profit Playright advocates the value of play, seeking to meet the play needs of every child. Their team designs tailor-made play plans for hospitalized children in Hong Kong--storytelling is one of the most popular activities in the six paediatric wards they operate in. Given the current health crisis they are unable to tell these stories in-person. In partnership with Playright, HandsOn volunteers are needed to pre-record a series of storytelling videos for hospitalized children featuring messages of positivity and resilience. Each scanned book in this program is recommended and provided by BMABHK. These virtual stories will help to raise the spirits of the children, provide entertainment and increase their sense of connectedness with the larger Hong Kong community. Volunteer roles:
- Each volunteer will be recording in 5-8 minute story using a scanned book provided
- A personal message from the volunteer should be included at the start of each story
- Volunteer should reference the tips and best practices shared in the BMABHK storytelling training they attended
- Zoom will be used for recording these clips—a guide for recording and saving video files will be provided
- HandsOn will review and feedback on clips (as needed) before uploading to Playright’s private Youtube channel for hospitals
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: