Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Serve-A-Thon: Pre-recorded English storytelling for hospitalized children
Description: Each volunteer participating in this program will receive storytelling training tips provided by Bring Me A Book Hong Kong (BMABHK). The non-profit Playright advocates the value of play, seeking to meet the play needs of every child. Their team designs tailor-made play plans for hospitalized children in Hong Kong--storytelling is one of the most popular activities in the six paediatric wards they operate in. Given the current health crisis they are unable to tell these stories in-person. In partnership with Playright, HandsOn volunteers are needed to pre-record a series of storytelling videos for hospitalized children featuring messages of positivity and resilience. Each scanned book in this program is recommended and provided by BMABHK. These virtual stories will help to raise the spirits of the children, provide entertainment and increase their sense of connectedness with the larger Hong Kong community. Volunteer roles:
- Each volunteer will be recording in 5-8 minute story using a scanned book provided
- A personal message from the volunteer should be included at the start of each story
- Volunteers should reference storytelling tips and best practices provided by BMABHK--this PDF training guide will be emailed to all participants on September 11th
- Zoom will be used for recording these clips—a guide for recording and saving video files will be provided
- Volunteers are required to send their clips to HandsOn by September 28th
- HandsOn will review and feedback on clips (as needed) before uploading to Playright’s private Youtube channel for hospitals
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: