Youth Empowered Opportunity: Help a child with their homework via Zoom-Eng AM
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
By signing up for the below, you confirm that you are available to participate in the first three weeks of this Zoom homework support program (Saturday December 5th, 12th and 19th). Please do not sign up unless you can commit for three consecutive weeks. Select either the morning session (9.50-11.00am) or afternoon session (1.50 – 3.00pm).
Description: In Hong Kong, roughly 22.6% of children live under the poverty line. For most of them, after-school activities and tutoring that develop abilities and build self-confidence and social skills are an inaccessible luxury. During the COVID-crisis a number of children have fallen behind with their studies. Our student leaders are calling for young people with the passion and skills to provide a virtual tutoring session on Saturdays for children in Primary 3-6—each of them live in subdivided housing. These one-hour Zoom sessions will support them with their Maths, English, Chinese or Science homework, depending on the priority for that week.
· Volunteers will be working in a pair to provide homework support to a child through Zoom—at least one of the volunteers will be a bilingual speaker.
· Each volunteer pair will be provided with a copy of the homework 1-2 days before that Saturday’s session.
· Each volunteer pair will be working with the same child for 3 consecutive weeks.
· 2:1 homework support will be provided through Zoom with each group being allocated to their own break-out room, managed by our 'Youth Empowered' volunteer leaders
Education and Empowerment for Children and Youth
Children and Youth
Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Sign up with a team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: