Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17
Youth Empowered Opportunity: Film a CNY video greeting for refugee children
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
Description: Many of us remember the time we learnt our first Chinese New Year traditional greeting, ate a turnip cake or learned how to paint Fai Chun! It's an important part of Hong Kong culture and embracing the traditions of the community we each live in. In the lead up to this special season and time to celebrate with our family and friends, how about sharing some of the joy and traditions of these holidays with refugee children? For refugee children daily life in Hong Kong is challenging as their families deal with the ongoing trauma that led them to flee their home country and they wait for their refugee applications to be processed. In a short clip of 2 to 5-minutes, we invite you to share some of your favourite Chinese New Year greetings and customs with refugee children--as well as explaining their meaning in English and wishing them the best for the Year of Ox!
· We will ask each volunteer to film a 2 to 5-minute video with a short self-introduction, sharing Chinese New Year greetings and customs with the refugee children and ending by sharing blessings and good wishes. Volunteers are expected to teach the children how to wish someone the best for Chinese New Year in Chinese.
· Video format: mp4, m4v, mov, avi, wmv
· By February 10th, HandsOn team will send a link for participating volunteers to upload your videos. You will need to upload your videos to our drive by February 17th, 2020.
· The greeting videos will be sent to Christian Action - Centre for Refugees.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: