Age Minimum (with Adult): 13+, Minimum Age:13+, Maximum Age:17
Youth Empowered: Create gift cards for the elderly (Virtual Volunteering)
"Jockey Club Community Sustainability Fund - Youth Empowered Project 賽馬會社區持續抗逆基金 – 見「義」勇為青年義工計劃" Funded by: 捐助機構:
Our student leaders are on a mission to promote social connection and emotional well-being for the elderly supported by Harmony Garden Lutheran Centre for the Elderly.
The program will feature virtual service activities and visits and outings once restrictions allow. Young volunteers are invited to be part of their launch initiative by making hand-made cards and bean bags with warm wishes, which can be used for a game that supports fine motor skills. Instructions will be provided.
- Grab some plain cards or thick paper--we ask each volunteer or family to provide 10 of caring cards and art crafts such as bean bags
- Write a message and decorate on each card to share support, good wishes, or just a line of positivity (in English or Chinese). Bear in mind these will be received by one of the groups above.
- Feel free to be creative and have some fun with this! Get as colourful as you like to help make the recipient's day.
- You will need to mail your cards and bean bags to the HandsOn team.
- This activity can be done in your own time and does not need to follow the time slot allocated. We will email participating volunteers to provide the delivery address and date by which we need your cards for delivering to households. Volunteers will receive a detailed service reminder email.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: