HandsOn seeks a Social Media Intern!
Our Social Media Intern will develop and deploy English language posts across HandsOn Hong Kong’s three social media platforms for Summer 2021—Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn with a combined following of 11,000+. They will report to the Deputy Executive Director.
Mid June to mid August 2021 – 8 hours spread across the week. Work can be completed remotely.
All members of the HOHK team need to be passionate about community involvement and fully committed to our mission. You must be an excellent English writer, dependable and able to manage tasks with minimal supervision.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Drafting and posting English language content across HandsOn social media channels, in keeping with our established tone and voice;
- Being responsive to social media content needs communicated by the HandsOn team including call-out’s for volunteers, program snapshots, volunteer experiences and partner news;
- Obtaining suitable photos and visuals for every social media post--from the HandsOn team or through online searching;
- Liaison with the HandsOn team for the translation of social media posts as needed (a few times per month);
- Some copy writing to support the updating of content on the HandsOn Hong Kong website including service program write-up’s and our charity’s latest news (largely based on social media content).
Specific skills required include:
- Excellent command of written and spoken English;
- The ability to work independently and thoughtfully;
- Graphic design or Canva skills to develop social media graphics welcome but not essential.
How to apply:
Cover letter and CV may be sent to email@example.com.